Antro - radiologcial anthropometry of the hand
Für die deutsche Version auf die Flagge klicken
The software ANTRO produces a metacarpophalangeale profile (MCPP)
using the measurement of all 19 tubular hand bones on an X-ray image.
The measurement can be taken
with a translucent digitizer or can be performed manually.
The program offers the following features:
- Graphical display of z-scores (deviation from the norm
in standard deviations) as y-values with bones 1-19 as
x-values. For comparison tasks up to 5 different
MCP patterns could be shown in combination and
on demand be printed out (in different colours).
- Automatically the mean value of all z-scores
is computed and displayed.
- The variability index (Sigma Z) is automatically computed as well.
It gives a measure of the dysmorphy of a pattern.
- With the patterns of patients (e.g. with the same diagnoses)
so-called mean patterns could be created, which are
showing a characteristic pattern for many syndroms.
- Mean patterns of established syndroms published by Poznanski (mainly in: The hand, 1984)
can be retrieved and directly compared with own patterns.
- Computation of correlation coefficient r according to Pearson
(with level of significance) to determine
the similarity of MCP patterns.
- (Simple) password protection.
- Option to take data from literature.
- The software is only available in English.
The MS-DOS software Antro and its application
were published in:
Clinical Genetics (1991:39,396-400):
IBM-PC compatible software for establishing metacarpohalangeal
D. Hosenfeld, F. Hosenfeld, E. Schaefer, W.Grote.
The program ANTRO is free available, but not public domain.
The software could be interesting mainly for syndromologists
of availability should be discussed per
email (to email@example.com)
or phone. Each delivered version is registrated to watch the
spreading and usefulness.
Unfortunately these manuals are meanwhile a little bit out of date.
- German, version 4.79
- English, version 4.62